Saturday, September 02, 2006














Rough Way To Start Season


CAL FALLS HARD 35-18



Well after watching the volunteer dismantling of the Cal defense I was left in shock. How could this be? How could it be that the Tenn people had predicted that this other kid from California would out produce our beloved Marshawn Lynch? Then in a cruel twist of fate he nearly did.

The other major concern was the offense. I understand that the SEC is a great defensive conference but CAL looked like a high school team out there at times. There were bad reads, bad handoffs and many drops. The passing game, even with Longshore in there, looks a lot like what we saw last year.

When Ayoob came in there seemed to be a little momentum that went the way of Cal but that was after Tenn started playing their second string. I applaud Tedford for bringing Ayoob in when he did though. Unfortunetly play with Nate was going nowhere.

This is where things get uncomfortable for me. Last year I berated Ayoob and did my best to see that he never succeeded at Cal. I did that because I thought he was playing terribly, which he was. However, after watching this game I am not sure that Longshore is ready to lead this team either. Likewise, I am still not sure that Ayoob is any more equipped than Longshore. Given his spread knowledge and quicker speed he may be our last best hope. That is unless of course coach Tedford would actually give Levy a shot.

In any event I am taking this loss a lot better than I had though I would. This is not the end of the world. We can still win the Pac 10 and go to a great bowl game. The Rose Bowl is still within reach, not without some major upgrades though. When I say upgrades, I mean the whole team. There was not a player (that I saw) that didn’t make a mistake on the Cal squad.

I will review and revisit this issue latter.

Seth

1 comment:

Cal Football Radical said...

well the generally other than callous malice the only reason to destroy something is out of fear. you, steve, you fear my website. you fear the bears. you fear california. most importantly though steve, you fear me. you see me in your nightmares, one of these days i may not let u wake up bitch!

yeah just try and send a virus, u back country boy. i am sure all u would end up doing is infecting ur own pathetic computer, bitch.

Ta ta